Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Challenges


Life happens. There are so many excuses to get lost in the daily grind. There is the stress of bills, diapers, the sickness of family. This month I've encountered them all. How can we focus on ourselves when there is so much we need to do and worry about. Personally I fall into the category of people who put personal health and fitness on the back burner. But really, how can I be strong for all of lifes challenges if I'm not taking care of myself? Working out is not always fun, but for me, it is necessary. I don't want to wake up one day and wonder how I got to be so unhealthy.
Sometimes it take a little push or just some help. I was a little embarassed at the thought of seeing a personal trainer, (am i that weak?). But as I thought about it, it occured to me that even masters have a coach. Micheal Phelps and Tiger Woods have a coach, why shouldn't I? So thanks to Ian, I am back with my old trainer, Frank. Frank got me in shape for the Figure competition I did two years ago. I have full faith in him to push me past the point where I would give up. He makes me do ten more when I feel I can't possibly do one. I'm so sore that aside from workouts, I pretty much do as little as possible. I'm confident that the stubborn scale will move once again in the right direction. Thanks for all your support and good luck in all of your personal goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment