Saturday, April 25, 2009

weight loss "old school"

This week has been a bit stressfull. Ian has been to Dallas on business half the week and working late the rest. Also, Max, our 7 week old baby has been waking up every two hours every night and not sleeping well during the day. Normally, stress like this would send me on a binging spree. I would rationalize going out for dinner because, 'I deserve it', or, 'Ian's eating out on his business trip, why can't I?'. But this week I stuck to my plan! I ate healthy breakfast and lunch with a light snack in between. I decided to try not eating any flour, grains, or sugars after 3 pm every day. I'm the kind of person who eats two dinners. I have my first and then after the kids go to bed and its time to unwind in front of the tv, I bring on the second dinner. I think that eliminating this habbit will bring the greatest results for me.
My mom and I have been doing a workout video 3-4 times this week. It is insanely intense. Only 20 min but Jillian Michaels, the trainer from the show 'biggest loser' believes that by combining cardio with resistance training you can limit time you work out, while still burning the same if not more calorries than an hour at they gym. Here's the thing guys, there was nothing fancy in this video. Remember gym class at school? Jumping jacks, jump rope, pushups, situps?
I don't remember it being so hard! Try it! How long can you jump rope? (no rope required)
Ok the final tally: I lost 3 lbs this week!!!
Tune in next week- 'Is this hypnosis CD working???'

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you! I could see a real change in your commitment since you've posted this blog. I know that you're going to do great with your goals and help inspire others to acheive. Way to go! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video sounds a little too tough for me! I'll stick to my long slow running. That's old school too, right? Good for you this week!

    ReplyDelete